Running is the best option to keep yourself fit and fine. Running is one of the simplest forms of exercise, as it not only helps you in reducing your extra weight, but also helps in making you healthy and fit. Be it children or elders or old people, everyone can run and it is also very beneficial for health.
According to a study, people who run 50 miles in a week have higher HDL than others, lower cholesterol (good fat) and significant reduction in body fat, less cholesterol and Cyclic heart disease is less common in people who run 10 miles per week. Running not only strengthens the muscles, it controls weight, as well as the effect of age on you is also visible late.
Benefits Of Running Everyday
1). Strengthens Bones:-
By running regularly, bones and muscles become strong. This significantly reduces the risk of bone-related diseases such as osteoporosis and arthritis. Along with this, the density of the bones of the legs and hips also increases by running.
2). Make the heart strong: –
Running improves blood flow in our body, it has a good effect on the health of our heart. Along with this, running also lowers blood pressure, which also reduces the possible risk of many heart diseases.
3). Loses weight: –
If you want to lose weight, then there can be no better exercise than running. This is a very beneficial cardio exercise that helps in reducing weight. Because it burns calories.
4). Boosts Immunity Health :-
If you jog regularly, you will not suffer from health problems like allergies, cold, cough, flu etc. Running regularly boosts your immune system and makes it resistant to all kinds of diseases.
5). Boosts Energy:-
Do you feel powerless when you wake up? If so it boosts the energy level and you can do your daily routine with energy.
6). Improves Digestion Power:-
Running helps in improving digestion and it increases appetite. It burns calories so you will start feeling hungry after running. However make sure that you are consuming a healthy breakfast.
7) Burns fat:-
Running helps in burning more fat cells and makes the body lean slimmer. It also boosts your metabolism and helps you get rid of unwanted fat.
8). Improves brain health:-
Running helps promote flow throughout the body. Due to this, your brain gets more oxygen and nutrients, which enables you to focus on the task at hand.
9). Helps to sleep better :-
Insomnia is a big disease for the body as it causes indigestion, headache and difficulties while working. In such a situation, running or jogging twice daily in the morning and evening gives good sleep and food is also digested.
10). Reduces the risk of diabetes:-
Studies have shown that regular running helps reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes.
11). Helps with depression:-
Running helps in reducing the level of depression and anxiety and makes you feel good about yourself.
Unexpected Benefits Of Running
12). Slows down aging :-
Regular running helps in conditioning the body system which slows down the aging process. It helps in the formation and strengthening of bones and muscles which weaken with age.
13). Lowers Cholesterol:-
Running helps in maintaining a healthy cholesterol level in your body, and reduces the risk of various problems associated with it.
14). Boosts joint health:-
Running helps in increasing the strength of your ligaments and nerves, which increases the strength of the joints and reduces the chances of injuring the ankles and knees.
15). Improves body balance:-
Regular running helps in increasing hand-eye coordination and also helps in balance of the body.
16). Gives a healthy body :-
If you want to stay fit, then walk or run during your free time. Regular running is the easiest way to stay fit.
17). Builds stamina:-
Maintaining a regular pace of running helps in improving muscle strength and stamina, it also increases stamina in people.
18). Aerobic exercise:-
Regular running is also a form of aerobic exercise, it helps to improve your mood, you remain physically fit and your health improves.
19). Makes you feel good: –
Running regularly will make you feel good, as it helps your body to recover and become healthy. It also helps in improving our biological health, physical health, mental health and emotional health.
20). Eliminates stress:-
Running is a relaxing form of exercise, as it boosts health and helps reduce your stress levels.
21). Psychological benefits:-
There are many psychological benefits of running. While running, hormones called endorphins are released in the body which gives a feeling of feel good factor. The runner feels happier and less stressed. Since running is a very challenging activity it gives a sense of accomplishment and pride in completing each session.
22). High blood pressure control:-
Running also keeps high blood pressure under control. This makes the arteries and veins strong.
Before running, keep these things in mind
- First of all, definitely meet your doctor and get advice from him about your running. This is necessary when you are 40 or older, you are very obese, have not exercised for a long time or if you have any other type of health related discomfort.
- Running is a high-intensity cardiovascular workout that has many physical and mental health and fitness benefits. This is the most easily done aerobic exercise. It is easy to learn and doesn’t require any expensive equipment other than a good pair of running shoes, comfortable clothes, a water bottle and a towel.
- Avoid running on hard surfaces such as cemented roads and ground. Grass is a better option for the outdoors. Regular high-intensity and high-impact activities such as running and jogging on a hard surface can cause musculoskeletal (muscle and bone) damage.
- Hydration is very important before, during and after running. You lose a lot of water and salts in the form of sweat and hence their replenishment is very important.
- Do not run near the road. Due to this, asthma patients may complain of breathlessness due to pollution of vehicles. So run in the morning as much as possible.
Side Effects Of Running
- Do not run outside in a hot and humid environment as it will drain your energy and stamina. Running in hot weather can be dangerous because it can cause dehydration, cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Heat exhaustion can lead to heat stroke which can be fatal. The best time to run is early morning and late evening.
- Also do not run outside if the weather is very cold as it can lead to hypothermia in which the body temperature drops below normal and can be dangerous. Frostbite is a potential problem of running in cold weather. This is another dangerous condition in which the skin turns red in color followed by numbness.
- If you have a respiratory disease, avoid running. Do not overeat before running or jogging. It can harm you.
- How To Focus On Studies – Praakriti
- 10 Benefits Of Meditation-How to do meditation?full details
- 10 Benefits Of Waking Up Early in The Morning
- 10 Reasons Why Sleep Is Important? Benefits Of Sound Sleep