The people of France have very little faith in God. 45% of French people are atheists. Similarly, there are many such interesting things related to France that will surprise you. So let’s know interesting facts about France.
Fun Facts About France
1). France is the only country in the world that has won the most Nobel Prizes in the field of literature.
2). France is the largest country in Europe by area and the 43rd largest country in the world. Although its area is smaller than that of Rajasthan state of India.
3). It will probably surprise you that one out of every five people in France is suffering from depression, it is one of the most depressed countries in the world.
4). The people of France have very little faith in God. 44% of French people are atheists.
5). The name “France” is derived from the Latin word francia, meaning “land and kingdom of the Franks”.
6). The population of France is about 66 million which makes it 19th in the world.
7) The GDP of France is around $2.6 trillion, which is the 10th largest GDP in the world.
8). France once ruled 8.6% of the world. Which is second only to England.
9). France is counted among the rich countries because the income of almost every person in France is about $ 37,000.
10). Most of the tourists in the world come to France. Around 7.5 crores every year. This figure is more than the total population of France.
Amazing Facts About France
11). The French city of Paris has only one stop sign.
12). Do you know that according to the law of France, you can marry a dead person too.
13). A king named “Louis XIX” of France was once made king of France for only 20 minutes.
14). Napoleon cannot name a pig in France.
15). France is the first country in the world to legalize homosexuality.
16). In France, mutton from buffaloes, snakes, frog legs and horses are eaten with great fervor.
17). In France, you cannot throw away any hotel leftover food, it is illegal to do so, but in France it is mandatory to donate this food.
18). French women live longer than any other country in the world.
19). KISS cannot be done at any railway station in France. And if you are caught doing this, you will be directly jailed.
20). The French have found an Internet variant of their own, named Minitel (Minitel Telematics System) in 1980, making France the world leader in household telematics.
France Country Facts
21). France is a founding member of the United Nations as well as one of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
22). French President Charles de Gullée’s name has been included in the Guinness Book of World Records because 32 times opponents tried to assassinate him and each time he remained safe.
23). The Louvre Museum in France is the most visited museum in the world.
24). Do you know that making people April Fools started from France.
25). France is the second largest agricultural country in Europe after the Netherlands.
26). The world’s most important film festival is held every year in the city of Cannes, France, for two weeks in the month of May.
27). You may not believe this, but a city in France is also called a condom.
28). France ranks third in the world in coal production.
29). France has been one of the most powerful countries in the world since the end of the 17th century.
30). Built by Francis Philip II in the 12th century in France, the Louvre Museum in France houses the world’s oldest and most important works of art, and is one of the oldest monuments in the world.
France Is Famous For?
31). French women (along with Spanish) have the highest life expectancy in the entire European Union.
32). France was the first country to adopt an international unit system. Such as kilometer, litre, kilogram etc.
33). 75% of French people did not speak French at the time of the French Revolution.
34). The fattest men in all of Europe live in France. While women are second.
35). Jean Dujardin is the first and only French actor to win the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in “The Artist” in 2011.
36). About 4700 types of cheese dishes are made in France.
37). France is the largest consumer of electronic nuclear fuel in the world.
38). Despite the legend of the French Resistance at the time of World War II, never more than 5% participated in the underground campaign, with the remaining 95% either supporting the Nazis or doing nothing.
39). According to the Durex Global Sex Study conducted in 2003, French people in the world have the most sex in a year.
40). France’s Eiffel Tower, named after its designer Gustave Eiffel, was built for the World Exhibition in 1889. It was also dismembered in 1909 but it was spared. The Eiffel Tower is 1063 feet (324 m) high, including the antenna at the top.
41). For your information, let us tell you that the number plates for vehicles were first used in France.
- 42 Interesting Facts About Turkey
- 25 Interesting Facts About Thailand
- 41 Interesting Facts About Dubai
- 41 Interesting Facts About Pakistan