Thailand is a Southeast Asian country. It is known for beaches, grand royal palaces, ancient ruins and ornate Buddha temples. Thailand was officially known as the Kingdom of Thailand and formerly as Siam. It is located at the center of the Southeast Asian Indochinese Peninsula, which is made up of 76 provinces. Thailand is most famous for tourism.
Fun Facts About Thailand
1) Thailand’s name in Thai is Prathet Thai, which means “Land of the Free People”.
2) Thailand shares borders with four countries: Myanmar (formerly Burma) to the north and west, Laos to the north and east, Cambodia to the southeast, and Malaysia to the south.
3) Thailand is one of the most visited countries in the world.
4) Thailand is the only country in Southeast Asia that has never been enslaved under a European power.
5) Ramakin is the religious epic here and it is the Thai version of the Ramayana.
6) Every year a festival dedicated entirely to monkeys is celebrated in Thailand.
7) Thailand is the world’s number one orchid exporter.
8) There are 44 consonants and 32 vowels in the Thai language.
9) Thailand is a Buddhist majority country. Here 94.6 percent of the population follows Buddhism and the Muslim population is 4.6 percent.
10) In Thailand, it is illegal to leave without underwear on.
Amazing Facts About Thailand
11) Thailand is the world’s largest exporter of rice.
12) Thailand is a constitutional monarchy.
13) Muay Thai boxing, the national sport of Thailand, is known as the “Art of the Eight Limbs”.
14) A Thai woman lived in a glass room full of scorpions for 33 days, setting a new world record.
15) Here the world’s smallest mammal bumblebee bat is found.
16) Every year Thailand organizes the biggest water fight in the world.
17) Thailand is the 50th largest country in the world by total area.
18) One tenth of the animal species found in the whole world are found in Thailand.
Why Thailand Is Famous For?
19) It is illegal to drive shirtless in Thailand.
20) Thailand is the 21st most populous country in the world.
21) The capital and largest city of Thailand is Bangkok.
22) The people here speak Thai language.
23) The reticulated python, which is the world’s largest snake by length, is found in Thailand.
24) The people of Thailand consider the forehead the most sacred part of their body.
25) Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, is one of the hottest cities in the world. The hottest month here is April. Songkran festival is celebrated here in this month which is exactly like Holi. But instead of dyes, only water is used in it.
- 41 Interesting Facts About Dubai
- 41 Interesting Facts About Pakistan
- 30 Interesting Facts About Kuwait
- 35 Interesting Facts About Gold